Monday, November 1, 2010

A Few More Small Guys

I submitted my little guys this weekend for the upcoming show at Redtree Gallery. Hopefully I will get accepted into the show. I didn't frame them as they all had to be under 5"x5" including frames. I thought they looked nice without the frames as they kind of come off looking like small tiles as the wax kind of wraps itself around the edges of the panel. Well we will see how it goes. The second piece is a bit larger than the others, I never had a chance to post this one and it is one that I am really pleased with. I love digging into the wax with my heated knives to create texture and depth.


6 comments:

  1. UNDER 5 inches on each side? Wow - they must look absolutely stunning in person, with the wax on the side - good luck - they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Diane, so nice to see these wonderful little gems! I bets they are even better in real life with the carved surface, and all the texture that you describe! I just love the skies, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your feedback and support. I just got notified today that I got into the show. This will be my first one other than the church show each fall.
    It will be fun to get more responses to my work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is wonderful!! Love all your new works. Congrats on both shows!! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours - they are so fresh. Echoes of Cezanne and Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosalie, your feedback will inspire me to get some new paintings posted. Just gotta find my camera!

    ReplyDelete